Saturday, December 5, 2009

saturday magical mystery tour...

From sh_letters # 20


hmmmmm...don't know the date of the last one , but we
have gone through some temporal distortion . seemed
to have skipped quite a bit of time . or maybe those
letters didn't get saved . or maybe i really was that
lame as to not write for a long time . who knows ?
anyhow i still have my delusions of grandeur , as
evidenced by the line at the top of the page .i see
we have our departure date( it was the 15th )but our
arrival in michigan was days later , as we got hung
up somewhere in the greater new york area , awaiting
dads official discharge papers . even that was pretty
enjoyable , saw some big city t.v. , like the dick
cavett show it was almost surreal as i think back on
it .
and i'm not sure what the swastica thing was about .
and i didn't even spell "kraut" properly . what a
bonehead...

7 comments:

Dan said...

Hahahahahaibibib. Whats the point!?!

Dan said...

Oh man..haha, I'm back, I was starting to comment, what's the point in having a code on the side there if your going to crack it in the letter? ibibibib. Use Navajo! And you do resemble Jimi a little. I recall you showing me purple haze bass line in Clare as I didn't know the cords so I practiced that sitting on the bottom of the basement steps at gramma's. I do remember that tape Tom had of you doing house of the rising sun....."N"!!! Actually was pretty good.

steve said...

hey,i never had an afro...

Anonymous said...

Letter mood was music, but also on a broader scale (pardon the music pun)it sounded like you couldn't wait to get home, you had enough sauer kraut (sp) for one year. I never did see that amp and electirc guitar you had, etc. If I recall they lost it for you. I was in 7th grade by then, we had done our big trip to California. 1968 was a very big year for everything. It was about to close. But at the time I had no idea that 8 months later you would be permanently gone to California. How did you all decide that's where you ought to be, and loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly, or thereabouts?

steve said...

at that time,i had no idea we would be moving out here. i recall wanting to stay there as i personally was tired of moving around so much and was just glad to be back at grammas.the folks must have been discussing the move for awhile before they told us.i also believe they had been in touch with lyle and vi before we even left germany.not sure if it was moms or dads idea,but having relatives here in dago is what got us here...

steve said...

a lot of crap didn't get back to us...and a lot of it was my stuff.

Tom said...

Interesting. Maybe mom and dad couldn't stand that electric guitar, hahaha. Some lucky kid at another base named John Bon Jovi got a new electric guitar and amp.
Damn, could been you instead.