![]() |
| From sh_letters # 24 |
boy , quite the wordy tome this week . i see that i wrote it
over a couple of days , and still managed to say virtually nothing.
the thing that jumped out at me was reading the third sentence . the
first acknowledgement that the old days were gone , and with one
brief exception, were never to be again . i was still talking
and thinking of things we would be doing together . but in the back
(or more likely a small niche off to the side) of my mind i
realised it was the end of one era .
and yes , i was the last person to see that wolfman film ...







4 comments:
We'd sound better with electric guitars?! hahahaha. We would have sounded louder, anyway. And yes your 3rd and frouth sentences was a indicator reality had set in. At the time I thought maybe you'd come back once a year or something but that never happened only once. after 4 years, can you imagine the shock at the time that had passed for both of us an d dan and Cyndi, although none of us really admitting it, at the differences between the years and the "sub-cultures" of the Midwest vs. Southern California? I think I'll start parting my hair in the middle NOW, so's i can show off my balding head.......
yeah,i figured at the start that we would prolly get together at least once a year.or every two years at most.and that was based on our history as i understood it.but 3000 miles is a lot farther than the 300 or so my dad used to drive up to clare once a month from ohio.i also figured you guys would be coming out here once in a while.and i think you're right about that"sub culture"thing...
Just saw this. Oh so you think I might need drum lesson eh? At least I think that's what it said. I can relate to exactly everything in both of your comments. Funny, but just a couple weeks ago I was thinking the same thing about frequency of visits. I think my mom probably thought in part anyway, that as long as aunt Joann would be coming here to visit, then we'll just wait for her to get here and visit. I mean, even gramma came out to SD. Not sure if uncle Lyle's passing had demotivated her so as not to want to come out, or just the distance and $ involved, or a combination. We had just been out in '68. However I was just saying to Tammy that I wonder why we didn't go out to Ca. to visit other than the 68 trip. Also it's weird how 5 years of time seems like a lifetime when your younger. As for culture, I get that, but also people are the same all over really, it just depends on who your around etc. This comment has been sent "postage due" from a cheapskate!
Actually, thinking about it more, there is a difference in sub culture in different places like MI and Ca. You guys are right. And Steve, yes, I can see what you mean about the third line there. Also when you talked about getting your driver's license someday. And I thought, fast forwarding to '73, how the seed was planted about driving back here in Michigan perhaps.
Post a Comment