![]() |
| From sh_letters # 27 |
it's baaaaaccckkk ! at least for this week . i had planned on
posting this last week , on the 40th anniversary of the postmark .
but hey , shit happens . i decided i would post these last several
letters on more or less the date they were written/postmarked ,
just 40 years later . and so...
reading it , i am immediately struck by the fact that i had to
sit down and force myself to write . and with a lot of, ahem ,
nagging from my mother .my two main obsessions seem to be music ,
and the length of my hair . not exactly earth shattering , is it ?
by this point in time we had been here in cali just about a year .
and i had become pretty thoroughly acclimated to the socal
lifestyle . as had we all ...dad had loosened up a bit , mom
started taking a class to help sharpen up her job skills . cyndi ,
who was still cindy at that time had a mutual crush going with a
very nice , cute (i guess) mexican boy named chuy , which i believe
was actually jesus . his name i mean . that was probably the hardest
thing to get used to was the spanish language and pronunciations
such as "el cajon"(el cahon,with a long o),"jamacha" (hamashaw).
and on and on . boy did we get some weird looks ...
so thats it for this time around...to paraphrase myself , can't
think of anything else , so i guess i'll close now...adios .







8 comments:
Gomer writes a letter: "Surprise Surprise." hhahaha. Anyway the new word that replaced tuff was bitchin I noticed. I bet mom didn't proof read the letters did she? Sorrt i took so long to get to this post, been overwhelmed.
Hello Madre,hello Padre, here I am at, camp Granadre..sister cindy,likes some boya, and I just learned how to say the word LaJolla!
Interesting letter thanks for posting. Was trying to wrap my head around the Let It Be/Maybe I'm Amazed comment, as in trying to think if they were on radio at the same time as I know Let it Be was before. Anyway I actually did try and post comments under aunt Theo's picture and also the blog anniversery before, but apparently they didn't take, oh well. Thanks for having this blog and Happy B day aunt Theo. I just got a letter from her today in the mail as a matter of fact. She seems to be doing fine!
hey,just go with it.(the maybe i'm amazed/let it be)i cant actually recall now,but if thats what i wrote at the time i'm sure thats the way it was.and i love your previous comment...
Haha, actually goofing on myself there because first time I came out there I thought LaJolla meant either santa lived there or that's where they made Jolly rancher candies!
for those of us raised in the midwest,those pronunciations are tuff to master...unless you studied spanish in school..anyway i thought that was really clever.now i'm all bummed that i didn't think of that first.ok,now i'm over it...ibibibibibib
i am afriad to ask what "Big D" means, i have to many smart ass comments.
Re: Maybe I'm Amazed. (Oh God here he goes...) Let It Be the single was relaesed around MArch 1970. Paul's first solo AL bum was released around April 7. Radio staton played Maybe I'm Amazed, but it was never released as a single. This was after Paul annonced the break up of the Beatles. Dan might remember that Jack Whitsit, a guitar player in our band, sang Let It Be in the school talent show and I sang Purple Haze. Totally opposite songs of what we were. I was a singer and he was a Hendrix type guitar player. Weird. Anyway, there was abig arguement over whether the album Let It Be wouild be released first, or Paul's Album and finally the other gave in just to shut him up. To make things worse, Phil Spector had doctored all the tapes with choirs and stuff on Ket It Be the alum version and Lon and Woinding Road, Paul was never consulted and he hated it and they would not remove it. So he pushed for his solo album release, to mixed reviews. But I always thought it was a stupid thing, not releasing Maybe I'm Amazed as a single. He could have made bigger money with the single than the so so album.the rest of the tunes on the album are substandard "Junk" (title of one of the tunes, both vocal, and then again instrumental. Maybe I'm Amazed is really the only worthwhile tune on the album that stands the test of time.
hahahahahaha thank you dr.beatle...
Post a Comment