Friday, February 9, 2024

 In Loving Memory of Steve Hoover 1954 - 2024.

The Old  27 Blog now only has  ME, Tom Timlin, left to post anything.  Steve Passed away January 2024. The  Old  27 Blog was originally his  creation with my brother Dan and I chipping in. i am the  romantic  sentimentalist in the  family. I remember  stuff that Steve  forgot in our last  phone conversation Dec. 24, 2023...like the  time all four us stood on the  upside down  row boat in Grandma's  yard and  sang Beatle songs back in summer  1964 to the parents  and  grandma. He didn't  remember that. 

Steve's heritage of his mother's and father's  side of the  family, The Allen's and the Hoovers , meant more to him than I think even he knew until Dan and I reconnected with him via  the  internet some 20 years ago. We let him know through  fun memories how much we missed seeing him and Cyndi several times  a year even though it  had been decades since he moved with family out to California in 1969. When they came back to visit once in 1973, they had  changed and we had changed, we were  growing up without each other, it was  kind of surreal, a new world, to me, it  wasn't the  same. Our cousins Cyndi and Steve  were  very special to us, as was  his mom and  dad. Including Cyndi, we were like the three musketeers and Maid Marion  at times,  we were in the  same  age  group.  When us boys got  revved up like the Three Stooges and that's when Cyndi  left the  room lol. 🤣

This very photo used to sit on a small dresser in the  guest room in Grandma  Allen's small 2 bedroom house for years...this is  how I will remember  Steve, because  we were  removed  from each other for decades, and lived in  different  worlds. 

I will miss you the rest of my life Steve, as  I do my brother and  parents and all who have  gone  before. You made me laugh and feel like a big part of life. We played  music together, imagine different worlds together as children. You were very creative. You could  read a  book faster than I could brush my teeth, When you left the Midwest you took a  big part of my childhood and  soul with you. Now you have  done it again. Love you man...aways  did no matter the problems in life. 





No comments: