Wednesday, June 27, 2007

happy birthday grandma allen

this is grandma allen on her birthday in 1971 when she was
a lass of 79 years young. this was at mr. t's house in lansing,mi.
today she would have been 105. i miss her terribly. i know we
all do. so happy birthday grandma. wish i could tell you that
in person...
Adds Mr T
Happy 105th Brithday Grandma Allen.
I came across a video tape that shows her house and property abandoned and in disarray. Year 2,000. the owner was living in CA and the borther was living in the house for a long time. She through the brother out, according to neighbor John, who is Olive Allen's nephew. I talked to him while on a job interview trip tp gladwin. Weeks later we passed by either on the way or coming from Up North. I took a brief video of the house. But the first visit I actually got out of the car and tried to look in the windows. Deep grass, almost no visible driveway. You almost could be in tears. I was in a suit when i inspected the old homestead. It was almost like you could hear the ghosts whizzing by complaining "what have they done to our house." Apparently it was being remodeled. By the next year when I went by, the house looked completely different, a deck was being built around it, new wood stain siding on the house and garage, lawn mowed. The hedge had been gone for years, the trees taller and trimmmed, a couple in back completely cut down. I used to like to look at the pine trees against a blue early morning sky through the west kitchen window, as "i was being served eggs and bacon and toast for breakfast by grandma." I think she liked making breakfast for her grandkids. She would be up earlier than everyone, rattling pots and pans loudly, probably on purpose to wake us up. Heck, there were no farm chores or chickens to feed. What was going on here? A air raid? So now the house has been this way, remodeled for 7 years. A new owner poosibly, and definitly a new occupant. I know nothing further about it.If I drive by this summer i will be sure and get a digital photo or two to send along and if I have time get a photo of Dover School, the museum, Olive's House, Roy Hoover's house, and maybe the Cornwell ranch cabin.And any other famous places if I have time. All for now. Excuse the mistakes..............



No comments: