Saturday, August 14, 2010

the return of saturday magical mystery tour...

From sh_letters#28


so , 14,601 days ago (40 years +1 day) i mailed this letter .
more wannabe band talk , a mini report on a b-day gift . oh yeah ,
there is a least one " farout " in there . and , alas and alack ,
more pipe dreams of us "getting back together ".we know how that
one worked out , eh ? although to be fair , i did qualify that
sentiment with a maybe . of course . i festooned the letter
with my delusions of grandeur...what the fuck was i thinking?
at least i had stopped referring to myself as " the great one "
anyhoo please enjoy the small snapshot of the past...

6 comments:

steve said...

testing...

Tom said...

As it is, it turned out we got together anyway thanks to modern technology. Our blog is called "waste of time by old men" by our wives, and we call it "cousinly love." you say potato and I say tomato....

Anonymous said...

got the e-mails no wonder i was starting my comments with "I commented once...." etc. sometimes I'd accidently press twice a while back. Well regards to your letter, yeah love that album still. Even some younger kids agree about Hendrix, the who etc. You mean even after practicing, you still couldn't play as good as Jimi? What the hell is wrong with you Mr. Esquire! Hey not a bad name for a band...esquire. Or, how bout, The great esquire! I like these letters thanks for posting...not that I gave you a shitload of pics or anything. What was this one 1970?

Dan said...

I put my name there on that last one....hmmm.

steve said...

i knew you guys could do it!

Tom said...

"Mr. Esquire" is a more modern name for a band...if they dress up in sport jackets and ties, haha. Here we are 41 years later, still trying to think of a name for our band. "Old 27" will do, as we'll be playing oldies anyway. Any new material would not be cutting edge at our age. We will start a new trend though, called "Geezer Rock." for our first hit, "Old Rocking Chair's Got Me."