Sunday, October 3, 2010


one of my other favorite guitarists was born this day in 1961.it
seems some of the best and most gifted leave us early . i became
aware of him in the early '80's and was blown away by his style
and sound . plus , extra added bonus was that he did some of the best
hendrix covers i've ever heard . and that on top of being one of
the premiere blues rock guitar players of his time .
so raise a glass of your favorite beverage and salute mr.stevie ray
vaughan on what would have been his 50th birthday...



P.S. don't forget to turn off the music at the bottom of the page...

2 comments:

Dan said...

Stevie Ray was/is great! Thanks for posting! That kind've looks like the start I have. I love listening to SRV. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago they were featuring him on public TV for one of their pledge drives.I couldn't get enough. I see this is later clip becuase it's when he added Al Frankin on keys. Glad to see he's good for somethin, whahahaha!

Dan said...

I meant, looks like the STRAT I have.