i've been trying to think of things to write,as we celebrate the 124th anniversary of the birth of floyd allen,our grandfather.since
none of us,with the exception of cousin kathy has any actual memory of him,i'm going to post
a link to some of his letters home during WW1...enjoy. and happy birthday grampa floyd,none of us would be here
without you...love always,your grandchildren
click on the imagine to see the letters








2 comments:
Thanks Steve. I was gonna ask if you had any recollections at all about Grampa Floyd but I guess you answered that question. My dad used to get excited talking about Grampa. About when he built the greenhouse and also about their Ca. Trip, which we see in some of those photos. Of course we are fortunate to have these letters.. And like I said the other day, I know he would've been proud of you for honoring him and keeping his memory alive. I was just up there at Cherry Grove paying my respects 2 days ago. Dad sometimes would say Oh, he was "a charactor..somethin else" meaning that in a good way. from what dad said to me he thought grampa was pretty clever and had a great sense of humor. Theo could probably best summerize him for us. Thanks again.
only a hundred and twenty four!
Post a Comment