Saturday, November 24, 2018

the shifty weather reportof rain here, maybe ice and heavy snow up north starting on thewest coast of MI and over to Mt. Pleasant northward....has me wondering about old 27...like if the house has ever been rewired or do they have the same out fuses? hahhahaha. in case of a power outage due to the storms coming....come to think of it I believe Grandma may have had that replaced toward the end of her stay there for a circuit breaker. I bet the oil tank is still down there, not being used, for the furnace. It;s been LP gas now, 've have seen the LP gas tank outside away from the house as required since many years ago. I mean how could you get the oil tank out of the house? It's too big.I am positive Floyd Allen, our grandfather, put that thing down there after the foundation was finished but before he completely built the house. And chances are he somehow did it himself, maybe with Paul Nass's help lowering it into the that basement on chains attached to it and  Nass's tractor or something. I may be wrong, but it seems that thing would be too wide for a regular door like on the house front and back.

We will never know for sure on the oil tank. But there sure were a lot of tools, boxes of nuts and bolts and other weird stuff on top of that tank for decades that Floyd left behind. Half the stuff I didn't even know what it was for. Did you? Damn...now I'm worried if I left something on top of that tank one day way back and  forgot about it. Was it important? Maybe....hmmmm....
Stay tune for our next episode: Oily in the Morning, or....Tanks a Lot Gilligan
[Don't Blame me, blame Bullwinkle, he started it -  oh God, that's  probably another title].

No comments: