Thursday, June 27, 2019

Totally a happy birthday wish to the matriarch of the family of the Old 27 Gang, born this day in 1892. Margaret McGoogan, who later became Margaret Bond and then Margaret Allen, was born this day, June 27, 1893. She lived to be 93. Theo Allen Mickle, her eldest daughter whom we lost last year at the age of 94 has completed the family again wherever they may be. 

Generations go on through all joys and sorrows. If there was a heaven on earth then Grandma Margaret help create that feeling to her grandchildren whenever they came to Old 27 to visit. For Dan and I it was our 2nd home, but never without Grandma. We were the fortunate ones, we were there almost every two weeks when growing up and even beyond. Assuming of course that we actually grew up... Growing up too much and forgetting the positive stuff who you were, is denying your own existence. I swear Old 27 was real, Auntie Em.  If there is a heaven and I make it there, I hope it is right there at Old 27 with Grandma and the whole family. And perhaps my golf game will be better on the golf course  a block north of there in heaven also....😄

1 comment:

steve said...

well said tom...