Saturday, November 21, 2020

 This day in 1985 Margaret Allen and Vane Mickle both  passed away.  We held two visitations for Margaret in Clare MI while Theo, Vane's  widow, took care of visitations in Oscoda. Joann Hoover flew all the way from CA to be there with her late mother and Vane. I almost cried when I saw her walk into the funeral home. It was overwhelming for all.  An era had ended. The following week 2 separate funerals were held. One in Oscoda MI first for Vane, and we drove all the way to Clare to the  cemetery and buried him there. Then Margaret Allen's funeral and burial. Dan and I had grown up with grandma and Vane for 25-29 years. The home  just north of Clare MI  on Old 27 was our 2nd home, our getaway  every 2 weeks on average. The home, is still there, remodeled almost 20 years ago. It doesn't look the same but it is at least still there.


Now, Steve Hoover at this writing is in the hospital fighting Covid Pandemic. He is th eone who started this blog. My brother Dan died  July 25 2020 of breathing problems and heart failure not related to Covid. I am  the last one writing on this blog, and the last one of my immediate family. I never planned on this.

I recently discovered my other cousins in CA, Allen Bond and Susan Bond. I am so glad we are communicating. They are telling me thing s from their perspective growing up in CA area which is really cool...because we never really knew each other - we have lived so far apart, completely different lives. Thanks to the internet we can spend some time getting stories and knowing each other.



No comments: